The new version is currently only available in the Jar-file. Not in the pre-packaged exe file. If you want to install Sui using the exe file, download setup.exe and perform the installation. After the installation download Sui.jar from http://www.sui.nu/Sui.jar and replace the jar file on your installation directory with the downloaded file.
Improved installation and startup processes
- Storage of .pro files can now be customized to be stored under the users home directory (Sui will store the .pro files under user.home /AppData/Sui if this folder exists)
- If the user-id is set to ? (in the preferences), the user-id will be retrieved
from the java system property user.name. If the user-id is set to ?L (in then
preferences), the user-id will be retrieved from the java system property user.name and
the user-id fieldwill be protected.
- Connection properties are now stored in a separate property file (SuiConnProp.pro). This change make it easier to create a customized installation package, containing a pre-defined set of database connections. Sui automatically converts this from the old property SuiSys.pro to the new property.
- Class-path definitions are now stored in a separate property fils (SuiCP.pro). This changes makes it easier to create a customized installation package, containing a pre-defined set of class path definitions. Sui automatically converts this from the old property SuiSys.pro to the new property.
Initial support for SQL-Syntax highlighting introduced
Two new functions to compare two rows or more rows in a result set from the report window introduced:
Select for transpose and Transpose selected, lets you select a number of rows to compare and then lets you transpose these rows (The transpose function change the orientation of a row, each column of the row is displayed as a row in a new query report)
Transpose on value, by right clicking a cell in a result-set and selecting transpose on value, all rows with the same value in the selected column will be transposed in a new report-window
Extended Export functionality
Generation of Insert statements now prompts you for target table schema and Target table name.
Possibility to distinguish between “save query” and “Export data folder” added
Native Excel import support introduced
A number of user interface improvements
- Added possibility to wrap or not wrap query text (Preference under File->preferences->Query)
- Changed the query report so that odd and even row-numbers have different back ground colors
- Length of the field Row number in query report increase, now caters for up to 999999 rows
- Function to remove initial line number added (this is ideal if you copy a query from a tool where each row starts with a line-number)
- Possible to set default size at startup as a preference
- Content of Query window is saved and restored between sessions
- Export to XLS from report-window now Exports directly to Excel
- Added possibility to list java system properties (Options->Java properties)
- Added some new fields to the connection details (Options->Connection details)
Improvement to stored procedure support
Added support for additional data types (for example DECIMAL, CLOB an BLOB)
Draw Stored procedures better supports Sp’s with a mix of in, out and INOUT parameters
- Fixed a bug in the column information, this function now returns correct max and min values
- Fixed a bug relating to non numeric MaxRows (exception at startup)