You can access Oracle databases from Sui both by using the native Oracle drivers or the JDBC-ODBC driver. The recommended approach is to use Oracles’ thin client driver.
Set-up a connection to an Oracle database:
If you intend to use Oracle’s thin client driver, you have to make the driver available to Javas Classpath. To dynamically add a classpath select Sui Preferences and the “C Path” tab. Browse your directory and select the driver by clicking on the blue Left-Arrow. The thin driver normally resides under the \jdbc\lib subdirectory (under Oracles installation directory). The driver is called something like classes111.jar (the last digits are release dependant and may differ).
Making the driver and URL available in Sui
- Select Edit-> Available JDBC resources
- Select the Sample Driver Combo Box and select the row labeled ‘Oracle-thin’
- Select the + button, to add the driver
- Select the Sample URL Combo Box and select the row labeled ‘Oracle-thin’
- Select the + button, to add the ORACLE URL
- Enter the Server, the port number and the SID in the Pop-up menu and Click OK
Some usefull Oracle Links:
|bOracles Homepage||http://www.oracle.com||General information about Oracle|